Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A CHAT WITH HAMDULLAH EFENDI

 

Note: A cousin brought to my attention a research paper from Erzurum University on my great grandfather.


 A Vestige of the 19th CENTURY


it seemed like only yesterday

a bearded man 

requirement of his post and status 

sat crosslegged 

on a divan 

armrests carved

older visible covering frayed

his life and dreams 

of events and people 

solidly in handwritten books

printers and paper only of a single dimension

memories and stories 

beyond time. 

a need to tell

a desire to share

beyond a monologue lonely

or a soliloquy on the stage

fragments all

appearing

and losing their way

in two and a half 

even three continents

reaching me

for  my gaze 

and for my thoughts

silently

but visibly

I see and hear him

wishing that 

that could be

for him as well.


ahmet cafer celebiler

November 14, 2023



No comments:

Post a Comment