Saturday, June 25, 2022

NEEDY ONES AND THEIR NEEDS

 

COMMON NEEDS


an older man

standing at a windy corner

shuffling

with each gust

talking to the wind

asking for ticket money

to take the bus somewhere

elsewhere

any other where


thinking of a small family

in a small house

somewhere with no wind 

I lent him the ticket fare 

and was blessed


next day

there was an elderly man

at same corner

doing a different shuffle

needing ticket fare 

for the bus home

to the same town

not too far

but very far

when you think of his need

in the wind


the same wind

making me shuffle my feet

told this story 

when I needed ticket fare

to take me home 

to my needs

so that I can part with them

and stop shuffling 

and tell the wind

I do not need any more


Ahmet  

June 26, 2022



No comments:

Post a Comment